Tuesday, July 5, 2011

I know it's wrong, but I want it to be right!

I hope you all had a great 4th of July weekend.  We got tons and tons of rain so my husband and I ended up having a very low key night with fast food, a trip to Target, and lots and lots of T.V.  It was good ;) 

Over the long weekend I made it my mission to find new lamps for my bedroom.  I absolutely hate the lamps I currently have, which were my very first pair of lamps 8 years ago when we got our very first apartment.  They were fine then.  Now-not so much.  Anyway, I have been casually keeping my eye open any time I go anywhere with lamps but haven't been able to come up with the right pair. 

I came across a pair this weekend that I fell in love with, but deep down I knew they wouldn't be right.  They are too white, too modern, and too big, but I knew if I didn't take them home and at least try them I wouldn't be able to get them out of my mind.

Please excuse the messy night stand cubby!

The more I live with them, the more I really, really love them and really want them to work!  I just know they don't.  I'm also really starting to want new night stands, but we are restricted on space here and it's hard to find night stands that will fit.  That will eventually be on my to-do list.


I am actually kicking myself about another lamp I found over the weekend that I didn't pick up and when I went back to Home Goods the next day it was gone!  The base was a whitewashed branch/twig and the shade was a natural/creamy color with a white bird appliqued on it.  I think it would have been perfect but I hesitated because there was only 1 anyway.  I take it as a sign I guess that I never would have found the pair anyway.

So what are your thoughts on these lamps?  Love them?  Hate them?  I think I need something more neutral like the branch one I missed out on. 

8 comments:

  1. Fun! Love the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually love them. They pick up the pink in the bird/branch wall decal (or painting) and make the birds in the darker pink really pop. Your room is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate that the whites don't match because they are SOO cute! Bummer! What if you brushed some creamy paint on the bases?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Rachel, I think you have to go with your gut on this one. You're right, they aren't quite the right ones for this room but that's not to say you couldn't find another home for them is it? :)

    What about just repainting your nightstands to give them a new look?

    p.s. how are you liking The Help so far?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually think the ikat pattern works! I really think you could make it work! It's very eclectic and whimsical!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like them ... and I love your bedroom! Looks so snuggly in there :)

    ♥ Cat brideblu

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the lamps!!! I think you need to love them too, your bedroom is so cute you have such an eye for putting things together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like it! (New follower and in love with your designs)

    I think they are beautiful and go really well. They could be a tad bit smaller, but I actually really like the way they look!

    ReplyDelete