Thursday, March 14, 2013

Master Bedroom Redo...Finally!

As if we didn't already have enough on our plate, we decided to go ahead and continue the hardwood floors into our master bedroom.  Might as well get it done before the baby arrives because heaven only knows when we would be able to get to them at that point.  Last year we installed them in our entire downstairs living area, then three weeks ago we carried them up into the nursery, and now they are sitting pretty in our master bedroom.  Again, my husband is my super hero!  He and a friend did our entire bedroom, start to finish, in one weekend!  Amazing.  I couldn't be happier with the results.


(garden chair turned vanity stool.  details on that later.)

Everything in the room stayed the same, with the exception of a new rug, but I think that the hardwood floors add so much character to the space. 

A little flashback of what the room looked like before the new flooring.  Yup, grayish blue carpet.  Oh, and months and months ago I painted the headboard bright white.


My man in action!


Progress!!


And now that the room is done, I can check it off of my mental checklist.  Thank goodness!  One less thing to obsess about before little man gets here.




Some of my favorite art from Etsy and a collection of my go-to jewelry in an apothecary jar brighten up this little nook in the room.  


So there you have it!  Our master bedroom all finished.  And for fun, how about a little bump shot?!  30 weeks preggo and growing.








7 comments:

  1. Cute! The room and the bump! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THE BUMP!!! You look amazing...30 weeks and counting. I cannot wait to meet Mr. Mason. This post almost made my day!

    Oh, your room looks amazing too. As usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a happy space and a DARLING blog!! I'm so excited to "meet" you! Thank you so much for swinging by yesterday from the In The Fun Lane party! And girl, you are the cutest pregnant girl ever. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, it's official. I think I'm in love with you and your blog. In a non-stalkerish way, I promise. Everything is just so bright and cheery, I love love love it!! ~Angela~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your room is gorgeous!!!! My hubs would never let me have that pink everywhere, LOL. Looks like it came straight out of a magazine! :) And I love how you don't have a ton of knick knacks...that's my problem! :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what you've done to your rooms. I need to know where your rugs are coming from. I've spent most of the weekend online looking for a green and or aqua geometric print area rug for my living room redo. Help!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found your blog and I must say I LOVE the colors you use when you decorate! They are so bright, fun and yet relaxing! Awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete