Monday, February 25, 2013

Hardwood Floors and Getting Crafty in the Nursery

Last week we hit a major turning point in the nursery design.  Hardwood floors were installed.  On the second floor.  In 2 days.  By my husband.  I helped a little, but being 7 months pregnant, I really could only do so much, so I have to give him all the credit.  What an amazing man he is.  He ripped up the old carpet and padding, pulled about 3,000 staples out of the sub floor, and installed a whole bedroom of hardwood flooring.  We still need to install the quarter round, but Rome wasn't built in a day and it'll get done shortly.  For now, I will admire the beautiful new wood floors in baby boy's room.


We've got plans for that dead space dormer window.  Can't wait to get started on that project.


Our next hardwood floor install will be in our master bedroom.  We should have that done in the next couple of weeks.  I for one, can't wait.  My husband on the other hand, not looking forward to that job!

I have been working on several other projects throughout the nursery, but the biggest one I can't wait to check off of my list is this old cabinet.  It was a big white box of nothing with not much going for it.  Hopefully, once I'm done it will be a fun, whimsical piece for the nursery.  Here's a little look at what I'm up to.


Can you see where I'm going with this?  Love this stencil(used it on my stair risers last summer) and have high hopes for this cabinet now!



4 comments:

  1. Oh it looks SOOO good!! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your room looks great after refinishing wooden floorWood floors installed

    ReplyDelete
  3. When the job is done, the team will clean up and take all waste and materials with them. You can expect a follow-up call from us to make sure everything is exactly as you want it. laminate flooring Markham

    ReplyDelete
  4. pavement, parking areas, crack seals, curbs, and so on with affordable prices. Best paving company

    ReplyDelete