Thursday, June 6, 2013

A Boy Mom - Mason at 2 weeks

Mason is now two weeks old and I am learning just how amazing being a "boy mom" is.  I grew up with half brothers and step brothers, so I am familiar with the ways of a boy, but never quite knew what it would be like to have a boy of my own.

Every girl looks forward having a little princess to dress up and play tea parties with, but let me just say being a boy mom is so special in it's own way.  At only two weeks, I can already tell this little guy has a personality all his own, and it's every bit of sweetness I could have asked for.  He loves to snuggle and his favorite spot right now is nuzzled right under my chin while being curled up on my chest.



Mason has already captured the hearts of so many around us.  He's quite the little charmer!  



I know down the road, being a boy mom will mean dealing with cuts and scrapes, dirty clothes and sticky hands, potty words and a silly sense of humor, maybe even a fight or two, but I wouldn't trade any of that for the love a boy has for his mom.  When I was pregnant, I heard so many stories from others about how boys are the best and they love their moms with all their hearts.  My cousin, who has a 3 year old son, even said to me "Get ready to meet your best friend".   



My goal for my son is not to be the best athlete, or the smartest in his class(though I would be happy if he is either of those), but it's to raise a kindhearted, well rounded, loving and respectful man.  A man who will one day take care of his wife the way his father does me.  One who respects his elders as well as his peers, and one who is capable of loving wholeheartedly.


I know that it is our job as parents to instill these values into our son, and I look forward to the chance of doing so.  Again, we are so blessed and are so in love with our little guy!





5 comments:

  1. Beautiful post! He is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY WORD!!!!! I LOVE HIM!!!

    I've been trying to hold back from bothering you the first two weeks but now I may be kicking down your door to come hold this little guy! This was such a sweet post. He is so adorable. You will cherish the pictures of you two together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, he is adorable!!! And being a mom is the best thing in the world. I loved everything you said in this post, so sweet. And I love your nursery, you are such a talented decorator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just stumbled upon your blog and oh my stars he is so beautiful! I love it and your nursery is adorable and I cannot wait to follow you and watch that precious baby grow!!

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete