Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Vintage Plate Wall Reveal

Finally, after collecting plates for a very long time, I put it all together and couldn't be happier with the results!  I collected vintage plates in various colors, patterns, and sizes for a casual, effortless feel.  I also opted to hang the plates by using hidden discs on the back for a clean look.

With the exception of 2 anthropologie plates, I purchased all of these dishes for under $4 each at various places like yard sales, flea markets, and antique shops.

I started hanging very randomly.  I orginally thought that I would lay them all out and come up with the perfect placement for each, but I decided that would be too much trouble and I just boldly started hanging!  Could have turned out very bad but I think I did okay ;)

You may notice one broken one at the bottom.  I have Salem, my cat, to thank for that... It will eventually get replaced.


I also painted the cabinet below the plates a pale aqua.  Before it was a darker turquoise and I wanted a lighter feel with the airy plates.  I'm now looking for some new drawer pulls for it.

So, what do you think?  I am completely in love!

7 comments:

  1. it's really pretty!!
    i've been meaning to try a display like that but i've only got like 1 or 2 plates ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so good, I love it!! Love all the pretty colors in the plates, really makes a beautiful statement. And love the color of that cabinet too. Now I need to find more vintage plates....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel it looks beautiful! Such pretty colors. You did a lovely job with them and the dresser below them is perfect. Nice job with antiquing :) I also really like the teal vase you have sitting on it. Pretty pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's soooo pretty! And the wall color sets them off perfectly. You wouldn't by chance be willing to share what that wall color is, would you? She asks, hopefully? Love your plate wall!! ~Angela~

    ReplyDelete