Sunday, January 30, 2011

Batroom Reno: Before and After

Whew!  We are finally done with the 2 part bathroom renovations!  I feel a little like I have been run over by a truck, but I'm very pleased with the results!  So here's a little background on the project:  $1,500 budget for 2 bathrooms, 2 weekends total(1 bathroom per weekend) to complete the project, 3 dedicated and hard workers to get the job done!

I now present to you the "guest" bath(which is technically my brother's bathroom) before photos:


Before

As you can see, the walls were yellow, the cabinetry was ugly old oak, and the floor a builder-grade sheet of linoleum.  Not very spa-like, huh?



And did I forget to mention the plastic cove moulding?? You know, the stuff you see in office buildings?  Yuck!  That had to go.


Now here is a list of what we did:
-tile floor
-paint
-light fixture
-vanity
-shoe mouldings
-medicine cabinet
-mirror
-goose neck faucet
-towel bar and tp roll
Total cost for this bathroom around $900 with lots of sweat equity!


Keep in mind these bathrooms were done for resale purposes.  We wanted it to be buyer friendly and not too personal.  I would have preferred a different mirror so as not to be so matchy-matchy, but I was out-voted on this one! 



Believe it or not, the goose neck faucet came from Wal-mart!  I found them back when we were doing a little work to our bathrooms and I was looking for an affordable goose neck which is very difficult to find.  This one comes in right at $40!  Can't beat that!  Most of the major items came from Lowe's.  Aslo, this photo is pre-bifold doors.  We had not hung those yet so you can see the laundry area in the reflection.

Overall, it was lots of fun and I think we added lots of value to this once unappealing bathroom!  Hopefully the buyers will agree!

I will be back tomorrow with before and afters of the master bath.

3 comments:

  1. i'm sure buyers will agree! it looks really good-from someone who's done a few renos this past year and a half ;)
    still to do master for us-thanks for the walmart tip-i'd have never thought they had faucets too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, it looks amazing! Oh my goodness! You have quite the knack...now I'm dying to re-do our upstairs bath but Justin will prob never go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a transformation! Love that shower curtain. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete