Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Doily Inspiration

I have had this photo saved in my computer for some time now, and I don't remember where I found it, but I have been wanting to recreate this runner.  I like the white alot, but I have a white farmhouse table so it wouldn't really stand out at all if I used the white doilies. 

While searching Etsy I found some fun, bright alternatives.




I already have this vintage pink crocheted runner, but I really want to change things up.



Another thought would be to collect a bunch of white ones and dye them a pale aqua blue.  What do you think?  White?  Multi colored?  Or aqua??

4 comments:

  1. I'm a fan of the first white one!! Love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love aqua too-(your pink one is great).i would probably go for black as well....

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I first started blogging, I came across that same image. I just tried to find the blog, but was unsuccessful! I'm pretty sure it was "under the ______ tree" (I could be totally wrong) Love the idea though. And you're right about the white doilies being hard to see. I think you should dye them aqua to give them the antique handmade look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What about using an aqua runner then layering the doilies on top of the runner? You'd have the color you like and the doilies could be used in the future for something else when you change your decor.

    Lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete