Sunday, February 13, 2011

Vintage Love and a Grand Opening

I don't think I have said this before but I have a background in Interior Design.  And while I have worked on many high end homes, and enjoy all design styles, my personal taste(partially because I am young and broke so I have to be thrifty!) is vintage/eclectic.  I love the thrill of the hunt and finding that amazing piece to come home with me to have a new life!   To me, vintage brings a comforting, warm feel to a home and reminds me of simpler times.

Now onto my exciting news!  I have been working on opening a new Etsy shop to share my love for all things vintage!  So I now present to you...



The Golden Nest is my new Etsy shop!  I am offering fun, unique vintage finds, as well as upcycled, repurposed vintage items!  Here's a little sample of what you might find in my shop!



Painted Mirrors


Funky Wall Decor



Upcycled Chalk Boards

Retro Accessories



Fun, right?  I think everyone could use a little vintage in their home ;)  I hope you will stop by and check out my new shop!


And remember the "Sneak Peak" I posted about a while back?  Well, I decided that I needed a chalkboard for my kitchen!

(sorry for the poor photo quality here, lighting in my kitchen is terrible!)


Do you love it?!  I do!  Remember my crazy, colorful kitchen? It fits in just perfect in a strange corner between my fridge and cabinets.  A chalk board is the perfect piece for keeping lists, or just telling a sweet someone you love them ;)  I found that ugly old painting and knew it was the perfect size and style for what I wanted to do with it!  I think the blue adds a fun touch as well.

I hope you and your special someone have an amazing Valentine's Day!

4 comments:

  1. I'm going to check it out right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel,
    Thanks for the comments about registering. It's going to help me out A LOT!! Happy VDAY ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute stuff, I love that first mirror!

    ReplyDelete