Friday, February 25, 2011

Treasure Hunting

I'm excited to show you guys some new arrivals from The Golden Nest!  I have been doing tons of treasure hunting lately, and had some time today to take some pictures(in between clouds and sunshine...darn finicky weather!) and get some things listed in the shop.

Up first is a fun iron wall sconce.  When I first found it, it was a hideous gold/white, hard to even describe but take my word:  It was Ugly!!  Anyway, I freshened it up a bit with some turquoise paint and here she is!


Next up are some charming vintage spoons.  I found an eclectic mix of them and thought they could be used for all sorts of projects.  Lately, I am seeing alot of people using them as garden markers.  You hammer the head flat, and stamp "basil", "thyme", or whatever else you want to grow.


They're old and worn and I love them!  Plus, they have the prettiest details.



Speaking of old and worn, these keys are just that!  But aren't they cool?  I made a necklace using a vintage key for my sister in law.  The patina they have all developed is so charming to me :)


It was really hard for me to not keep the milk glass vases for myself.  I have developed quite the collection of milk glass.  There's something about it that's so simple and pure.

And lastly, a perfect pair of these gorgeous, sunny, yellow planters!  I have to say, I really wanted to keep these too!!  This is going to be really hard to give up all the amazing finds I come across ;)


Hope you have a happy weekend!  I can't believe it's here already!  I've got some more painting to do for a few other goodies, and can hopefully share those with you soon!

1 comment:

  1. Love the keys and milk glass! All very lovely! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete